Thursday, April 16, 2015

‘Attitude of Gratitude’ observation for Thursday evening



I am grateful that I have a company car that is very, very reliable—and fairly comfortable, too. Just got home minutes ago from a business trip to Toronto. Nine hours each way. Why did I drive? Round trip plane fare from Hartford to Toronto is over $1,000. I can go to Las Vegas and back for less than half that, so go figure.

Anyway, the trusty Chevy Equinox performed like a champ: no problems at all. The only glitch – but not a car glitch – happened when I crossed the border back into the U.S. The customs agent looked at my passport photo, which was taken seven years ago, and he said, “Wow, that’s an old photo!” I wanted to reply, “My hair may be turning white, but I least I have some, ya bald-headed stooge!” But since he had a firearm on his hip, I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

Glad to be home after all those hours behind the wheel. Now with any luck, I’ll regain some feeling in my keister by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment