Saturday, April 11, 2015

‘Attitude of Gratitude’ observation for Saturday afternoon



I am grateful that it is baseball season. Baseball evokes a multitude of nostalgic memories, and for brief moments I can feel like a kid again. The return of baseball season also means the New England “soundtrack of summer” is back: the voices of radio announcers Joe Castiglione and Dave O’Brien. I enjoy drifting off to sleep at night to the sound of them calling a game. (And then when I wake up in the morning, scrambling to turn on my iPhone to find out who won.)

Admittedly baseball is not a crucial thing for which to be grateful. It’s not something human beings simply have to have in order to stay alive, such as faith and family and friends and bacon. But I love it, and I’m so glad it’s here again. And the Red Sox are off to a decent start, so that’s good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment