Tuesday, April 21, 2015

‘Attitude of Gratitude’ observation for Tuesday morning



I am grateful that my house is dry and the roof doesn’t leak. I thought about this at 2 a.m. last night when a crack of lightning and boom of thunder woke me out of a sound sleep. The rain was pouring like crazy, and I thought of the old Bob Seger song, “Night Moves,” with this line: “I woke last night to the sound of thunder / How far off I sat and wondered / Started humming a song from 1962 …”

No songs from 1962 readily came to mind. (I looked up afterward, and here’s some top hits from that year: “Johnny Angel,” “The Twist,” “Moon River,” and “Ramblin’ Rose.”) However, what did come to mind was this: man, I’m glad the roof doesn’t leak. There’s a lot to be said for having a dry house--just ask anyone who has a leaky house. The other thought I had was: man, I hope I can fall back to sleep soon. Too bad that didn’t happen.

Oh well, the house is dry and I’ll probably be dozing off at my desk this afternoon. Things could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment