Tuesday, June 9, 2015

‘Attitude of Gratitude’ observation for Tuesday afternoon

I am grateful for my one-hour commute to work each morning. Yes, I realize this is somewhat odd. I mean, who really wants to sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic every day? But this period of time is the perfect opportunity for me to say the Rosary. If I lived five minutes from my office, I’m sure I’d never get around to saying this wonderful, powerful prayer. Because of my commute, however, I have the privilege of meditating on the Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries. (No, I don’t do all 4 at a time. Just one set of mysteries per day. I’m not THAT holy!)

Don’t forget the old expression: “When you pray the Rosary, you pray the Gospel.” 

So the morning commute is my special time to pray, and I’m grateful for it. The afternoon commute, on the other hand, when I desperately want to get home but the line of cars in front of me creeps along at 5 mph, well, that’s the time when I usually lose whatever grace I obtained in the morning! And for the lady in the silver Honda, um, sorry about the rude hand gesture yesterday afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment